Here’s a festive cocktail that’s sure to make spirits bright. This red- and green-hued libation is perfect for Christmas cheer[ing], and the pomegranate — a symbol of prosperity — makes it a terrific cocktail to sip when ringing in 2014.
When mixing for a crowd, I’m especially fond of ratio-based recipes — this one is super easy to remember, each amount is simply double the last 1:2:4:8:16. You could totally get away with a heavier hand with each of the spirits, but I really like the sip-ability as is.
Happy holidays, everyone!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Makes: About 3 cocktails
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) lime juice
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) Cointreau
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) Tito’s vodka or other gluten-free vodka
- 8 ounces (1 cup) Ocean Spray 100% Juice Cranberry or other cranberry juice cocktail
- 16 ounces (2 cups) 100% pomegranate juice
- Lime zest and slices for garnish (optional)
In a large pitcher with lid, combine lime juice through pomegranate; add ice, cover and shake until well-chilled. Pour into glasses (add ice cubes, if desired) and garnish with lime zest and slices.